I just noticed that I’ve been accruing a lot of nominations for the Book Fangirling Award and thought I should respond before it gets out of hand! I was nominated by Ashley @ Socially Awkward Bookworm, Anette @ Anette Reads, Cristina @ My Tiny Obsessions, Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books, and Brittaney @ Brittaney Reads. Thanks for the nomination 🙂
- Create a post to accept your award.
- Add the blog button award into your post and put it on the side of your blog as a widget. Visit fangirling for the award button.
- Answer the questions I have below.
- Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think also deserve this award.
- Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
1. What book did everyone like but you hated?
Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
Let me just say that I didn’t hate this book. I still enjoyed it and gave it 3.5 stars. But I didn’t love it as much as everybody else seemed to. The message didn’t really come across to me and I had a hard time figuring out the point of the book. Also, the book is marketed as a larger girl enters a beauty pageant, but there was hardly any pageant in the book. I was pretty let down by it and thought it was underwhelming.
2. Book/s that put you in a ridiculous reading slump.
I don’t really get into reading slumps that often, but I did have a slumpy week earlier this month.
I had so many problems with Sway by Kat Spears and was just angry every time I thought about it. I picked up A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro to get me back into reading since I love all things Sherlock Holmes, but ended up being a little bit underwhelmed by it.
3. Name a book/s you wish more people knew about.
Here are some Australian YA books I love (click image for reviews)
4. Name a book/s you wish they’d turn into a movie.
5. Favourite booktuber/s?
1. What’s the first book you remember being really obsessed with?
2. Who’s your book OTP?
I have too many to mention but my OTP of the year is Simon and Baz from Carry On by Rainbow Rowell.
3. Do you read/write fanfiction? If so, what kind?
Reading Harry Potter fanfiction is one of my all-time favourite guilty pleasures. I’m a hardcore Draco and Hermione shipper.
4. What kind of merch do you own? (Include pictures if you want!)
I’m too lazy to take pictures but I have a pretty big collection of fandom tote bags and pop vinyl figurines. I also have some fandom jewellery. Oh and magnetic bookmarks of the Six of Crows and The Infernal Devices characters.
5. Now for the most important question. What’s your Hogwarts house?
1. Book series or standalones? Why?
Omg what a tough question. My favourite genre is contemporary and most contemporary novels are standalones… but I do really enjoy marathoning series too. I think I’m going to have to say standalones because I don’t like waiting for sequels to come out.
2. Did you watch anime/cartoons when you were younger? Which ones?
The first anime I remember watching was Ai to Yuki no Pig Girl Tonde Burin. I think I watched this when I was about 4 or 5 years old, except I watched a dubbed version since I was too young to read subtitles. It was about this high school girl who turned into a superhero pig. I watched a lot of anime during high school and my favourite to this day is Rurouni Kenshin.
In terms of western cartoons, my favourite is The Simpsons. Those first few seasons are so nostalgic!
3. Tell me a music that reminds you of your childhood/early teens.
I most highly associate the Backstreet Boys and Nsync with my childhood. Never Gone by the Backstreet Boys was the first album I bought by myself and it’s still my favourite of theirs.
4. Favourite movie growing up?
5. Where do you live? Tell us something about your city (that us tourists can’t read in the books).
Haha, I don’t even know what to say. I live in the suburbs of Sydney, Australia… but right now I can’t even think of a single thing about Sydney. It’s a super expensive city to live in so don’t move here?
LOL kidding. Um… I guess I can tell you about my suburb? I’ve lived in the same suburb my whole life and it’s now super Asian. It’s where they all congregate. We used to have Target, McDonalds, KFC, etc. but now it’s all Asian restaurants and supermarkets. So if you ever want Korean food, come to me. Fun fact: the first granny smith apples were found in my suburb and we have a Granny Smith Festival every year in October.
1. If you had to recommend one book to get someone into reading, which book would it be?
I would probably choose a middle grade series or a fun and light contemporary that’s quick to read.
2. What was your favourite book as a child?
3. Which book wouldn’t you like to see as a movie, EVER?
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
I’ve thought about this so many times and I don’t want to see this book adapted EVER. It’s my favourite book of all time and I don’t want them to ruin it. Having said that, I really love historical films so I’d probably really enjoy seeing it in movie format. But I don’t think they’ll be able to do it justice. The beautiful and metaphorical writing is half its charm and no amount of fantastic cinematography will be able to make up for it.
4. Which book adaptation did you love? Even more than the book itself, or not?
My favourite book to movie adaptation is probably The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Everything about the movie was top notch. I’m not sure if I liked it more than the book but it was just as good.
5. If you were to read only books from one single author for the rest of your life… who would be the lucky winner?
Oh my gosh. I don’t even know. My first thought was Huntley Fitzpatrick because all of her books have been 4.5-5 star reads for me. But I think I’ll go with Cassandra Clare since she puts out so many books!
1. Who is your favourite villain?
Queen Levana from The Lunar Chronicles is probably my favourite villain. She’s so complex and hard to read.
2. Least favourite book read in 2015?
These were the books I gave the lowest ratings to this year. But my least favourite was probably Sway.
3. Paperback or hardcover?
This is not even a questions. Hardcover. I am devastated that Australian publishers never release books in hardcover.
4. Are your bookshelves organised or a total mess?
My shelves are organised but there are also piles and piles of books stacked in front of my beautifully organised books since I am now out of shelf space.
5. If you could read any book again for the first time, which book would it be?
1. What is the best movie you have seen in the past 12 months? (I need recs!)
2. Who is your favourite superhero?
3. What is your least read genre, and do you want to read more from this genre?
4. What is your favourite adult fiction novel?
5. What do you think was the most overhyped book of 2015?
- CW @ Read Think Ponder
- Jess @ Princessica of Books
- Jesse @ Books at Dawn
- Joey @ Thoughts and Afterthoughts
- Lois @ My Midnight Musing
Byeeeee. Let me know your responses to my questions down below, if you wish 😀