My October book haul is coming to you a little bit late because I’ve been super busy at work and I’m on a semi-hiatus. By the time you read this post, I will be in sunny California visiting a colleague before I head over to Boston for my work conference. Let’s get into the haul!
- Everyone We’ve Been – Sarah Everett
- This Adventure Ends – Emma Mills
- Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes #3) – Sara Raasch
- Tales of the Peculiar (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children #0.5) – Ransom Riggs
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Illustrated Edition – J.K. Rowling, illustrated by Jim Kay
- Radio Silence – Alice Oseman
- Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) – Veronica Rossi
- Through the Never Night (Under the Never Sky #2) – Veronica Rossi
- Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) – Veronica Rossi
Half of these books were actually preorders that I made months ago. Everyone We’ve Been, This Adventure Ends, Frost Like Night and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Illustrated Edition were all preorders. I also picked up Tales of the Peculiar and Radio Silence, both of which have been on my wishlist for a while. Finally, I was talked into buying the Under the Never Sky trilogy on Twitter.
- Girl in Pieces – Kathleen Glasgow
- Blood for Blood (Wolf by Wolf #2) – Ryan Graudin
- Odd and the Frost Giants – Neil Gaiman, illustrated by Chris Riddell
I spent a lot of time in Kinokuniya this month because I was waiting for Blood for Blood to be available. I pretty much went every day to see if they had stock and ended up picking up the other books.
- Something in Between – Melissa de la Cruz
- Metaltown – Kristen Simmons
- China Rich Girlfriend (Crazy Rich Asians #2) – Kevin Kwan
- Everything I Never Told You – Celeste Ng
- Mistletoe and Mr Right – Lyla Payne
- It Looks Like This – Rafi Mittlefehldt
- The Pain, My Mother, Sir Tiffy, Cyber Boy & Me – Michael Gerard Bauer
- The Thing About Jellyfish – Ali Benjamin
- Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1) – P.C. Cast
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (movie tie-in edition) – Ransom Riggs
I went to Brisbane in October and stayed with Jeann, so naturally I went home with a whole bunch of books to review on Happy Indulgence. I brought home It Looks Like This, Somewhere in Between, Mistletoe & Mr Right and The Pain, My Mother, Sir Tiffy, Cyber Boy & Me. Jeann also gave me the movie tie-in edition of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children because I love the trilogy and I’m so happy to have it. I received three books from a friend as a late birthday gift: The Thing About Jellyfish, China Rich Girlfriend and Everything I Never Told You. These were all on my Book Depository wishlist. Metaltown technically wasn’t a ‘received’ book. I got it in my October Fairyloot box so I did purchase it. But I’m also too lazy to put it in its own category. Finally, Pan Macmillan Australia sent me Moon Chosen.
- The Upside of Unrequited – Becky Albertalli
- The End of Our Story – Meg Haston
- By Your Side – Kasie West
- An Improper Bride (Billionaires’ Brides of Convenience #4) – Nadia Lee
- The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years #1) – Sarina Bowen
- The Year We Hid Away (The Ivy Years #2) – Sarina Bowen
- Blonde Date (The Ivy Years #2.5) – Sarina Bowen
- The Understatement of the Year (The Ivy Years #3) – Sarina Bowen
- The Shameless Hour (The Ivy Years #4) – Sarina Bowen
- The Fifteenth Minute (The Ivy Years #5) – Sarina Bowen
- Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers #1) – Sarina Bowen
There was a Harper drop on Edelweiss and I have three books to review for Happy Indulgence: The Upside of Unrequited, The End of Our Story and By Your Side. I bought An Improper Bride because it’s the second part of a story and I needed to know how it ended (only to read it and find out that there’s a third part…). Most of my month was spent reading new adult books because I was in a big reading slump so I kind of became obsessed with Sarina Bowen’s books. Totally waiting for her next release!
Hope you guys had a great month!