I usually only do one tag/award post a week but I have some exciting news to share so I thought I’d share it through this bonus award post today. I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by a couple of lovely bloggers: Samantha @ Reed’s Reads & Reviews, Jesse @ Books at Dawn, and Calliope @ Calliope the Book Goddess.
There seems to be a couple of different sets of rules, but I’ll go with the rules from Samantha and Calliope’s posts.
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Add seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate seven other bloggers and let them know about their nomination!
7 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I am actually a published author, except not in the way that you’re thinking 🙂 I have a research article published in the Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, where I am the second author. It was the biggest achievement of my academic career, but I now have two more manuscripts that have been submitted and are in review.
2. The very first comment on this blog was from Summer @ Xingsings, who I am now good friends with ❤
3. I used to be obsessed with reading Harry Potter fanfiction (still kind of am) and I was a huge Draco and Hermione shipper! Dramione forever!
4. I’ve had the same hairstyle since the end of 2009. You can see for yourself 😀 The first picture was taken in December 2009 and the other one was taken this month. Also, I must say, camera quality has improved quite a bit in 6 years.
5. I LOVE to watch figure skating, which is kind of weird since that’s pretty much not even a thing in Australia. I follow all the international competitions, and pay expensive subscription fees to watch them online T_T (Australia never broadcasts it because there are never any Australian competitors). I love all the Japanese skaters because I love all things Japanese, but my favourite figure skaters are Patrick Chan, and Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. GO CANADA! I’m super excited because the new season starts soon and I’m happy to hear that Patrick Chan is competing again this season 🙂
6. Speaking of loving Japan, my favourite Japanese band is Arashi. I’ve been a fangirl since 2006 (before they became super popular because I’m totally hipster) and I haven’t stopped loving them since. Coincidentally, the variety TV shows they host are my favourite things to watch in my spare time. I love watching VS Arashi and Arashi ni Shiyagare.
They’re kind of middle-aged men now but I’ll always love them.
7. I’m super excited to share with you that I am now a co-blogger at Happy Indulgence, which is run by the fabulous Jeann! I was so honoured to be chosen, along with Aila @ One Way or An Author, to be a co-blogger of a blog that I’ve been reading for a while now. I can’t wait to bring you more YA reviews and other bookish goodness over at Happy Indulgence!
For this award, I’m going to nominate seven of my newest WordPress followers. Thanks for following me and for all of your support!