My monthly hauls are always really massive but I feel particularly bad about it this month because I was away for two weeks and did barely any reading, so it feels as if my TBR has grown immensely with all the books I’ve hauled in November. It’s only a few days into December and I’ve already got a sizeable haul for the month. I think I’ll be on a no-buy until the end of the year!
- Once Was a Time – Leila Sales
- Eleanor & Park Exclusive Edition – Rainbow Rowell
- Between Shades of Gray – Ruta Sepetys
- The Sun is Also a Star – Nicola Yoon
- Maybe in Another Life – Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy – Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson & Robin Wasserman
- Scythe (Arc of a Scythe #1) – Neal Shusterman
A few of these were preorders that I made a few months ago: Scythe, The Sun is Also a Star and Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy. I’m super keen to jump into Scythe and Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, but because I’m 20 books away from hitting my Goodreads goal for the year, I might leave these two bigger books until 2017. When I visited Jeann @ Happy Indulgence in October, I went with her to the library and saw Once Was a Time, which I immediately had to get for myself because I really enjoyed Tonight the Streets Are Ours. I ended up buying the exclusive special edition of Eleanor & Park that was recently released because it has fanart as its endpapers. And finally, I ordered about 10 books off my wishlist and Between Shades of Gray and Maybe in Another Life arrived In November!
- The Universe of Us – Lang Leav
- Under Rose-Tainted Skies – Louise Gornall
- A Million Worlds With You (Firebird #3) – Claudia Gray
- The Road to Winter (Winter #1) – Mark Smith
- Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2) – Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Dymocks had a ‘spend $75 and get a Harry Potter tote bag’ offer, so I spent quite a bit of money in November. I also bought some Aussie YA books for overseas friends, so my total was actually over $150 (whoops!). I went to the monthly YA Bookmeet at the start of November, where Mark Smith was the guest, so I ended up purchasing a copy of his book to be signed, and picked up everything else on the same day.
BARNES & NOBLE
- We Are the Ants – Shaun David Hutchinson
- Why We Broke Up – Daniel Handler
- Children of Eden – Joey Graceffa
- Lab Girl – Hope Jahren
When I was in Boston for my work conference, there was a Barnes and Noble pretty much right next door to the conference venue (thank you conference organisers!). I was tempted to buy a lot more but was limited by suitcase space T_T.
- Still Life With Tornado – A.S. King
- Tell Me Three Things – Julie Buxbaum
- The Female of the Species – Mindy McGinnis
- The Sky is Everywhere – Jandy Nelson
When I visited Toronto at the end of November, Jesse @ Books at Dawn took me to many different bookstores and I ended up buying four books at Indigo. I’ve been wanting to read The Sky is Everywhere for a really, really long time since I’ll Give You the Sun is my favourite YA novel of all time. But I haven’t been able to find the edition I wanted… until now! I snapped this one up so quickly! I’ve also been eyeing Still Life With Tornado since before it was released so I’m happy that I now have a copy. Tell Me Three Things and The Female of the Species were recommendations from Jesse.
- The Light That Gets Lost – Natasha Carthew
- Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms #1) – Morgan Rhodes
- The Unexpected Everything (ARC) – Morgan Matson
- Irena’s Children: Young Readers Edition; A True Story of Courage – Tilar J. Mazzeo
Thank you to Bloomsbury Australia for sending a copy of The Light That Gets Lost. Jesse @ Books at Dawn gave me Falling Kingdoms, which is his favourite series. I’ll definitely be picking it up soon, now that I have a copy. The ARCs of The Unexpected Everything and Irena’s Children were given to me by Joey @ Thoughts and Afterthoughts. Thanks Joey!
That’s all for this month. Hopefully my December haul will be much shorter!