You might have noticed that I haven’t posted as regularly this month as I usually do. In fact, I’ve only posted twice in the past two weeks, when usually I post on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday/Monday every single week.
I’ve just been struggling with work and real life, and I think I need to take a bit of a break. I’m an academic tutor/TA (whatever you want to call it) at university and I’m swamped with assignments to mark, which has pretty much made me lose the will to live. The last thing I want to do at the moment is read more words and write words/blog posts/comments. I know that I’ve been abysmal at commenting and replying to comments in the past few weeks and I think it would help immensely if I stopped writing blog posts for people to comment on (even though I LOVE your comments!).
I’m also going to be going on a two-week work trip in mid- to late-November and won’t be able to stay up to date with blogging and commenting while I’m preparing for the trip and when I’m overseas. So I’ve decided to take a bit of a short break. I have some posts planned (but have not written yet) and I intend to still post them but I have no idea when I’ll be able to reply to the comments. (I’ll be putting up an October haul and wrap-up soon. I’m part of the blog tour for Moon Chosen by P.C. Cast so expect a post for that on November 3. And I plan to post my review of Heartless by Marissa Meyer on Tuesday November 8).
I will still be posting every Wednesday on Happy Indulgence as usual but for now, my posts on this blog will be pretty sporadic. I’ll resume blogging when I get back from my trip, but I might reduce the number of posts to 2-3 a week because 3-4 (plus one more on Happy Indulgence) is just too much for me to handle right now.
To make up for my absence and my terrible commenting record, here is a small giveaway:
The giveaway prize is a one month subscription to CraftedVan. You will be receiving their December package. (This giveaway is not sponsored. I just really love magnetic bookmarks.)
- This giveaway will end at 11:59pm AEDT on November 8, 2016.
- This giveaway is open to all countries that CraftedVan ships to (which should be every country).
- There will be ONE winner who will win the December subscription package from CraftedVan. You can choose either the planner option or the booknerd option.
- The winner will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter.
- I will contact the winner on November 9th and if I don’t receive a response within 48 hours, I will choose another winner.
- CraftedVan will be sending out the subscription package so I take no responsibility for damaged or lost parcels. However, I will liaise with CraftedVan if there are any issues at all.
- I will be checking all entries and disqualifying invalid ones, so please don’t cheat!