Can you believe another month has passed? I feel like it wasn’t that long ago that I posted my February book haul, and now I have another massive pile of books that I acquired. Whoops?
- Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) – Cassandra Clare
I’ve posted a review of Lady Midnight.
- The Forbidden Wish – Jessica Khoury
- The Way I Used to Be – Amber Smith
I have a review of this book too.
- All the Birds in the Sky – Charlie Jane Anders
- The Chimes – Anna Smaill
I’m pretty happy with the fact that I only bought 5 books from the Book Depository this month (and they all have super pretty covers!). I usually order a lot more than 5 each month. Lady Midnight and The Way I Used to Be were both preorders that finally arrived in March. I also bought The Chimes because it was one that I’ve been looking forward to reading ever since the Man Booker 2015 longlist was revealed. All the Birds in the Sky is also one that I’ve been really intrigued by, and had to pick up because the premise sounded really good. And I picked up The Forbidden Wish after hearing a couple of bloggers rave about it. It sounds really good and I can’t wait to jump into it soon.
- This is Shyness (This is Shyness #1) – Leanne Hall
- A Tangle of Gold (The Colours of Madeleine #3) – Jaclyn Moriarty
I actually kicked off the blog tour for A Tangle of Gold, over on Happy Indulgence. Check out my review and Q&A with Jaclyn here.
- Finding Cassie Crazy (Ashbury/Brookfield #2) – Jaclyn Moriarty
- The Betrayal of Bindy Mackenzie (Ashbury/Brookfield #3) – Jaclyn Moriarty
- Dreaming of Amelia (Ashbury/Brookfield #4) – Jaclyn Moriarty
So… I kinda bought all of these on the same day. I received A Tangle of Gold a while ago from the publisher and was part of the blog tour for the book. When the book came out, I picked up a finished copy of it at the Dymocks YABookmeet event, where Jaclyn Moriarty was the guest. There were also copies of her other books there so I picked them up as well. I read Finding Cassie Crazy years ago and I’m glad to finally own a copy. I read the first book in this companion series, Feeling Sorry For Celia a few months ago, and wanted to read the rest of the books in the series, so now I can. All of these books are signed by Jaclyn! I also got This is Shyness because the bookmeet was about magical realism, and this was one of the recommended magical realism reads.
- Frankie – Shivaun Plozza
A review of this one is up on Happy Indulgence!
- Follow Me Back – Nicci Cloke
- Dreaming the Enemy – David Metzenthen
- Burning Midnight – Will McIntosh
- This is Where the World Ends – Amy Zhang
- The Haters – Jesse Andrews
- The Passion of Dolssa – Julie Berry
I was lucky enough to receive some of the books that I requested from publishers this month. I received Frankie from Penguin Teen Australia to review on Happy Indulgence. I also got This is Where the World Ends and The Passion of Dolssa from HarperCollins Australia. I actually got an ARC of This is Where the World Ends last month, but they kindly sent me a finished copy this month as well. I received The Haters, Dreaming the Enemy and Follow Me Back unsolicited from Allen & Unwin. Thank you so much to those publishers for those books. I won a copy of Burning Midnight from Dymocks at the YABookmeet because I answered some trivia questions correctly. Thank you to Dymocks and Emily for that!
- Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons #2) – Christina Lauren
- Every Exquisite Thing – Matthew Quick
- Iron to Iron (Wolf by Wolf #1.5) – Ryan Graudin
I read Sweet Filthy Boy last month and decided to pick up the next novel in the companion series, Dirty Rowdy Thing, this month. I was feeling a little slumpy and thought some NA might help. I requested Every Exquisite Thing from Hachette on NetGalley and was approved. I can’t wait to get to this one! And finally, I preordered Iron to Iron, a novella following one of the side characters from Wolf by Wolf.