Oh man, I failed again this month. I was on a book buying ban last month, which went quite well, but it’s not really a system that’s going to work long term. I also don’t really like the idea of read 5, buy 1… because I can totally see myself cheating. I decided that I would be happy if I acquired fewer books than I read each month, because it would mean that my TBR is consistently shrinking. And I’m ashamed to report that I’ve failed this month already. I read 15 books in February (check out my wrap up here) and acquired 23. I’M SORRY!
- The Girl From Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere #1) – Heidi Heilig
- Stars Above – Marissa Meyer
- Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour – Morgan Matson
- Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend (Broken Hearts & Revenge #1) – Katie Finn
- Revenge, Ice Cream and Other Things Best Served Cold (Broken Hearts & Revenge #2) – Katie Finn
- A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic #2) – V.E. Schwab
After reading Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson last month, I wanted to catch up on all of Morgan Matson’s releases, so I ordered Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour and two of her Katie Finn books. I’ve already read Amy & Roger and I can’t wait to dive into the Broken Hearts and Revenge books! The rest of the books were highly anticipated releases of mine and I preordered them all a few months back. I’m usually pretty good at reading preorders as soon as they come in, but I had quite a few review books to read, which stopped me from reading my preorders. I’ve already read Stars Above but hopefully I can get to The Girl From Everywhere and A Gathering of Shadows soon too.
- Looking for Alibrandi – Melina Marchetta
- The Blackthorn Key (Christopher Rowe #1) – Kevin Sands
- Captive Prince (Captive Prince #1) – C.S. Pacat
- Prince’s Gambit (Captive Prince #2) – C.S. Pacat
- Kings Rising (Captive Prince #3) – C.S. Pacat
One of my worst habits is walking around Kinokuniya aimlessly because I always end up leaving with something I didn’t intend to buy. And that’s exactly how I managed to buy these five books. I saw this really beautiful edition of Looking for Alibrandi and just had to have it. I happened to go to a book launch where Melina was present, and got my copy signed 😀 . I also ended up coming home with The Blackthorn Key which is Joey‘s favourite book… and I had to see what it was about. And finally, after hearing people rave about Captive Prince for the past couple of weeks, I had to pick up the trilogy. I was lucky enough to get signed copies of all three.
- YOLO Juliet – Brett Wright
- Ink and Bone (The Great Library #1) – Rachel Caine
I have a review of this book.
- Hate is Such a Strong Word – Sarah Ayoub
I bought Hate is Such a Strong Word because I was super excited to be going to the book launch of Sarah Ayoub’s new release and thought I should probably read her debut novel first. I didn’t end up finishing it in time for the event but will definitely be picking it back up soon! YOLO Juliet caught my eye during that shopping trip and I just had to buy it because the cover was so funny! And I bought Ink and Bone due to Jeann and Aila’s glowing recommendations!!
- When We Collided – Emery Lord
- Anna and the Swallow Man – Gavriel Savit
Check out my review!
- The Sidekicks – Will Kostakis
- Beautiful Broken Things – Sara Barnard
- How Not to Disappear – Clare Furniss
Here’s my review of the book!
- Bullet Catcher – Joaquin Lowe
- This is Where the World Ends – Amy Zhang
- The Yearbook Committee – Sarah Ayoub
I enjoyed this one so much. Check out my review.
And now to the books that I received from others this month. Jeann sent me When We Collided and Beautiful Broken Things to review on Happy Indulgence. I’ve already read When We Collided and I can’t wait to jump into Beautiful Broken Things too! I’ll also be reviewing The Sidekicks on Happy Indulgence next week, thanks to Penguin Teen Australia. I’m currently reading it so stay tuned for my review. I received How Not to Disappear from Simon & Schuster, and This is Where the World Ends and The Yearbook Committee from HarperCollins. I attended the launch of The Yearbook Committee last week and got to meet Sarah Ayoub and have my copy signed! I’m a gold member at Dymocks and was given the opportunity to receive a copy of Anna and the Swallow Man in exchange for writing an honest review on their website. Thank you to Dymocks and Penguin Random House for that! And lastly, I received Bullet Catcher unsolicited from Allen & Unwin. It’s a western, which isn’t really my thing but I might give it a go someday because it’s got great ratings so far.
- Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons #1) – Christina Lauren
iBooks had a Valentine’s Day sale on contemporary romances and I picked up Sweet Filthy Boy for $1.99. I’ve been hearing a lot about it lately and I hadn’t read any NA for a while so I decided to just go ahead and buy it.
I’ll do better in March. I have some preorders coming in though, so no promises 😀