After my disaster of last month, when I acquired 40+ books, I decided to go on a book buying ban in January and it actually worked out quite well. This haul only contains 11 books, which is a massive improvement from the previous couple of months. I didn’t buy a single book for myself, though I did receive some books that I preordered from Book Depository. I’m happy to say that I’ve read almost every single one of the books I acquired this month and you can check out my January Wrap Up here.
- The Year We Fell Apart – Emily Martin
I have a review for this book.
- The Love That Split the World – Emily Henry
- Passenger (Passenger #1) – Alexandra Bracken
Check out my review.
- Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1) – Susan Dennard
I also have a review for this book.
These were all highly anticipated 2016 releases of mine and I preordered them in late November. They’re all super beautiful and I’m so happy to have them in my possession.
- The Stars at Oktober Bend – Glenda Millard
- The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August – Claire North
- Max – Sarah Cohen-Scali
Check out my 5 star review.
- Not If I See You First – Eric Lindstrom
Check out my review here.
- Lady Helen and the Dark Days Club (Lady Helen #1) – Alison Goodman
My review of this book is here.
I requested a couple of books from publishers and was so happy to receive them. Thanks to HarperCollins for Not If I See You First and Lady Helen. I received Max from Text Publishing. And thanks to Allen & Unwin for The Stars at Oktober Bend! Aentee @ Read at Midnight was kind enough to send me her copy of The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August. Seriously, can that girl be any more awesome?!
- Chewy Noh and the March of Death (Chewy Noh #3) – Tim Learn
I have written a review here.
- The Distance from A to Z – Natalie Blitt
The author of Chewy Noh sent me an electronic copy of the book for review. And I preordered The Distance from A to Z on iBooks a few weeks back.