I have acquired so many new books in December. I don’t even want to count because the number will be scarily high. I’ve been keeping track with a list on my phone and it was 30 at last count so I don’t even want to know how many there are total. But I have already read 12 of the books that I got in December, which I’m super happy about! Check out my December wrap up to see what I read. Having said that, I will definitely be on a ban during January! I’ve already pre-ordered all the January releases I want to read (you’ll see them in my January haul), so I think I’m all set for the next few weeks. Let me know if you’re also on a book-buying ban and we can be each other’s emotional support.
I will include links to Book Depository and Amazon for books that I bought on those sites in case you’re interested in buying them too (not trying to encourage you or anything). The other books will link to Goodreads. Let’s begin!
- Red Rising (Red Rising #1) – Pierce Brown
- Mistborn trilogy (boxset) – Brandon Sanderson
- The Final Empire
- The Well of Ascension
- The Hero of Ages
- Everything Leads to You – Nina LaCour
- The Shadow of the Wind (El cementerio de los libros olvidados #1) – Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Vicious (Vicious #1) – V.E. Schwab
- More Than This – Patrick Ness
- The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus #1) – Rick Riordan
- The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus #2) – Rick Riordan
- The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus #3) – Rick Riordan
- The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus #4) – Rick Riordan
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians (boxset) – Rick Riordan. I have a series review here.
- The Lightning Thief. I have a book review here.
- The Sea of Monsters
- The Titan’s Curse
- The Battle of the Labyrinth
- The Last Olympian
I forgot to include Red Rising in the photo. It was actually the first book I received in the mail in December but the copy was damaged so I had to wait for Book Depository to send me a new copy… so I kind of forgot about it. I have a huge Percy Jackson obsession right now, which is why I have so many Rick Riordan books in this haul 🙂 And yes, I am aware that I am missing the last book in The Heroes of Olympus series but the US cover of The Blood of Olympus is not available in paperback yet so I’ll probably borrow it from the library and purchase it when the paperback becomes available.
- Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
- Feeling Sorry for Celia (Ashbury/Brookfield #1) – Jaclyn Moriarty. See review here.
- Marly’s Ghost – David Levithan
- Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2) – Richelle Mead
- The Lake House – Kate Morton. See my review here.
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes (Barnes & Noble classics edition) – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Dymocks is the biggest bookstore chain in Australia. I bought the first five of these books during a bonus points offer period (spend a certain amount of money and get a certain amount of bonus credit points). The Sherlock Holmes collection is something that I’ve always wanted to buy so I ended up buying it as a Christmas present to myself since I had $20 in credit points to use.
I’ve actually already read half of these books. The Lake House was an ARC that I read back in November but I loved it so much I wanted a finished copy. And I think I’ll be reading a little bit of Sherlock every month and hopefully finish the whole book by the end of 2016!
- Topics About Which I Know Nothing – Patrick Ness
- I’ve Got Your Number – Sophie Kinsella
- The Sea of Tranquility – Katja Millay
- Wolf by Wolf – Ryan Graudin
- The Weight of Feathers – Anna-Marie McLemore
Kinokuniya is another bookstore that I go to really often. I bought the bottom three books in the stack during a 20% off sale (which to Australians, is actually a pretty good discount). I haven’t read any of these yet but plan to in January and February.
- Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods – Rick Riordan (Illustrated by John Rocco)
- Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes – Rick Riordan (Illustrated by John Rocco)
I very rarely buy things from Amazon because international shipping always costs a lot and I always forget about exchange rates. The total price is just always a lot more than I’m prepared to pay. But these beautiful hardcover Percy Jackson guides to the Greek Gods and Greek Heroes were actually really, really cheap on Amazon! They were $40-48 AUD each on Book Depository but only $15 USD on Amazon. Plus Alicia @ The Cyborg Knight told me about a 25% off one book discount code, so I only ended up paying $59 AUD (including shipping) for both of these books. That’s a bargain in my opinion 😀
- Reality Boy – A.S. King
- What I Saw – Beck Nicholas
- A Tangle of Gold (The Colours of Madeleine #3) – Jaclyn Moriarty
- Madame Tussaud’s Apprentice – Kathleen Benner Duble
- This Raging Light – Estelle Laure
- Second Chance Summer – Morgan Matson
- The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #1) – Rick Riordan
- These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) – Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
These were all books that I received from publishers and friends! Reality Boy was the gift I got from my Aussie YA Bloggers/Readers Secret Santa. I didn’t manage to guess who my Secret Santa was so I can’t thank her personally 😦 I received These Broken Stars from Aila @ One Way or an Author for Christmas! She’s the sweetest and I need to step up my game because I only sent her Tim Tams and Boost chocolate bars. I’m part of the A Tangle of Gold blog tour that kicks off on February 23rd on Happy Indulgence, so Pan Macmillan Australia sent me an ARC to read and review. I’ll also be interviewing the author so keep your eyes peeled for that! I received What I Saw for review from Harlequin Teen Australia. The rest of the books were sent to me by Jeann to review on Happy Indulgence. And she also threw in her ARC of Magnus Chase because she knew I was getting into Rick Riordan’s books. Thanks Jeann!! ❤
Yuki Chan in Brontë Country is an ARC that I requested from Faber and Faber on NetGalley. I cannot wait to read this! Snowflake Wishes was a holiday novella that I bought on Christmas Day because it seemed like the right thing to do?
Feel free to tell me off in the comments so I can feel sufficiently bad. Hopefully my January book haul will be a shorter post! Haha 😄