I’m participating in the Aussie YA Bloggers Secret Santa this year. This blog hop is designed for all of the Aussie YA bloggers to get to know each other better and to find clues about who their Secret Santa is! Without further ado, let’s find out if I’ve been a good or naughty blogger this year.
1. What are your top 5 favourite books this year?
This was really, really hard because I love my contemporaries and I had so many that I wanted to mention but I’ll have to go with these five. There’s probably a recency effect at play here though since I read Winter, Carry On and Six of Crows just last month.
- I’ll Give You The Sun – Jandy Nelson
- Winter – Marissa Meyer
- Carry On – Rainbow Rowell
- Six of Crows – Leigh Bardugo
- Queen of Shadows – Sarah J. Maas
2. How did you go with your Goodreads challenge?
I have to say… I’m killing it! I set myself a 50 book goal at the beginning of the year but completed it in March, so I extended it to 100. Then 150. And now my reading goal is 200 books and I’m 12 books away! I think I’ll be able to do it.
3. How many times did you post a week on average? Do you think you’ll post more/less in the future?
I posted about 4-5 times a week on my blog but now I try to keep to a schedule of 4 posts per week. I’m a co-blogger at Happy Indulgence so that makes it 5 posts a week anyway. I’ll probably try to stick to the same schedule next year, depending on how real life plays out.
4. What is your favourite blogging moment/achievement of 2015?
My favourite blogging moment was probably becoming a co-blogger at Happy Indulgence. It’s been so much fun chatting, fangirling and blogging with Jeann and Aila.
5. Did you read mostly review or non-review books this year?
I read mostly non-review books this year! I’m really happy with the fact that I’ve mostly read books that I want to read this year and that I haven’t really requested anything for the last couple of months.
6. What are your blogging goals for 2016?
I’m pretty happy with the way that things are going right now so I want to maintain what I’m currently doing. However, I do want to do better when it comes to blog hopping and commenting. I was pretty on top of things at the beginning but in the last few weeks I’ve been replying to comments later and later and not checking my feed regularly. So my goal for next year is to stay on top of things a little bit better.
7. What books are you looking forward to in 2016?
I’m going to mention 5 fantasy and 5 contemporary 2016 YA releases:
- Lady Midnight – Cassandra Clare
- A Court of Mist and Fury – Sarah J. Maas
- Crooked Kingdom – Leigh Bardugo
- Throne of Glass #5 – Sarah J. Maas
- Passenger – Alexandra Bracken
- This is Where the World Ends – Amy Zhang
- The Unexpected Everything – Morgan Matson
- The Year We Fell Apart – Emily Martin
- A Study in Charlotte – Brittany Cavallaro
- The Way I Used to Be – Amber Smith
Based on the answers above, have you been a good or naughty blogger this year?
Definitely good! Super good, I would say 🙂
Leave 3 clues to help your santee guess who you are!
- You went to your first book launch at the end of October (and took lots of awesome photos!)
- You’re a Goodreads Librarian!
- Your preferred genre is the same as mine – YA contemporary!
Follow the Aussie YA Bloggers Secret Santa blog hop!