I acquired 23 books in November… I know. I fail. I tried to go on a book buying ban at the beginning of the month and made it to the 18th before I started mass buying everything I saw. I blame all of the Christmas sales for this. But having said that, only 12 of the 23 books were purchased by me. The rest were trades, ARCs and freebies I received. Plus I’ve read 4 of them already, if that helps my case (probably doesn’t)? Check out my November Wrap Up to see what I read.
- Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) – Marissa Meyer. I have written a review of Winter.
- Ask the Passengers – A.S. King
I usually haul at least 10 books from Book Depository each month so I think 2 books this month is a massive improvement for me. I also pre-ordered Winter back in April so I didn’t technically buy it this month…
- The Winner’s Curse (The Winner’s Trilogy #1) – Marie Rutkoski
- The Winner’s Crime (The Winner’s Trilogy #2) – Marie Rutkoski
- A Step Towards Falling – Cammie McGovern. I’ve read and reviewed this one here.
- Sway – Kat Spears
- Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1) – Richelle Mead
Dymocks is the Australian version of Barnes and Noble. They had a 20% off Members Sale in mid-November that I had to take advantage of. I bought all 5 of these books during the sale.
- The Complete Maus – Art Spiegelman
- Hark! A Vagrant – Kate Beaton
- Challenger Deep – Neal Shusterman
- The Weight of Water – Sarah Crossan
Kinokuniya is probably my favourite bookstore (I’m so sorry, Dymocks). It has a really big range of graphic novels, which I usually don’t go near because it’s a chaotic section that doesn’t seem to have any organisation, beyond sorting by publisher. But as I was walking past the graphic novels en route to the manga, I saw Maus and Hark! A Vagrant, both of which I’ve wanted to read for a while now. I also ended up picking up Challenger Deep since it won the National Book Award recently and I saw The Weight of Water while browsing and had to have it too.
- Night Owls (aka. The Anatomical Shape of a Heart) – Jenn Bennett
- Love is the Higher Law – David Levithan
- Stealing Parker – Miranda Kenneally
- Catching Jordan – Miranda Kenneally
I traded these books with some other Aussie bloggers this month. I received Night Owls from Aentee @ Read at Midnight. Jaz @ Fiction in Fiction in Fiction kindly gave me the Miranda Kenneally books, which I’ve heard so much about over the years but have never picked up. And I traded with Sass for Love is the Higher Law.
- The Peony Lantern – Frances Watts (purchased by me)
- A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird #1) – Claudia Gray (purchased by me)
- Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird #2) – Claudia Gray
- Demon Road (Demon Road #1) – Derek Landy
- Lady Helen and the Dark Days Club (Lady Helen #1) – Alison Goodman
I attended a HarperCollins YA event in November and received a goodie bag to take home that included a copy of Demon Road, an ARC of Lady Helen and the Dark Days Club, as well as some posters. I won a signed copy of Ten Thousand Skies Above You on the night during a YA trivia game. The other two books were purchased by me on the night, courtesy of Dymocks… maybe I should have put this in the Dymocks section above?
- A Study in Charlotte (A Study in Charlotte #1) – Brittany Cavallaro
- Dreamology – Lucy Keating
- Symptoms of Being Human – Jeff Garvin
I promise to try to buy less books in December! There are some Book Depository orders from November that I haven’t received yet, but I’m going to try to limit myself this month. Keyword: try.