Top Ten Tuesday was created by the lovely team over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is books that last came into my possession, whether it was bought, borrowed from the library or received for review. All of the books on my list were purchased by me from either Book Depository or my two favourite Sydney bookstores, Dymocks and Kinokuniya.
1. Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater: This is a companion novel to The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy (review linked). I originally wasn’t planning on reading this because I preferred the Grace and Sam pairing over the Cole and Isabel romance. But I loved Cole in the trilogy and thought he was such an interesting character that I just have to know what happens next for him. I’ve never actually seen this in store anywhere in Sydney, so I purchased it from Book Depository.
2. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black: I picked up this book because I’ll be attending a Cassandra Clare and Holly Black event in August. I thought it would be a good idea to read some of Holly’s books before meeting her. None of her books were in stock at any of my local bookstores so I had to order it on Book Depository in order to receive it and read it before the signing.
3. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera: I’ve heard so many great things about this debut novel and I’ve been obsessed with diverse books lately. I just needed to pick this up. Plus the whole concept of the book seems really interesting. I purchased this from the Book Depository.
4. The League of Regrettable Superheroes by Jon Morris: This is a book that I ordered as a gift for my friend’s birthday so it technically isn’t mine. But it currently is still in my possession so I’m adding it to the list. I bought this from the Book Depository.
5. A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara: I’ve been hearing Max at WellDoneBooks on YouTube rave about this over and over again. I absolutely had to pick it up since I usually really like the books Max recommends. I got this on Book Depository and I can’t wait to start reading this soon.
6. The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black: As I’ve mentioned previously, I’m going to be attending an event for The Copper Gauntlet (the sequel to The Iron Trial) in August. I needed to pick up The Iron Trial and read it before the event. It was also only $10 at Dymocks, so it was a really great time to purchase it. I’ve done a full review of the book here.
7. The Flywheel by Erin Gough: I had seen this in a book haul by the LittleBookOwl and when I saw this in Kinokuniya (and saw how pretty the cover is), I had to pick it up. I’ve done a full review of this book.
8. What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick: I’ve been meaning to pick up a book by Huntley Fitzpatrick for a really really long time. Her new book is coming out later this year so I thought I’d pick up her other books and marathon them before her new release. I bought this at Kinokuniya.
9. Every Day by David Levithan: I picked this up at Dymocks during the Sydney Book Lovers meet-up at the beginning of July. I’ve seen this in a lot of book hauls and I have yet to read a book by David Levithan, so I thought I’d pick this one up and give it a go.
10. Divergent by Veronica Roth: I also picked this up at Dymocks during the Sydney meet-up. The US hardback edition was on sale for $7 so I just had to buy it.