The Liebster Award helps to promote new blogs with less than 200 followers. Some people may see this as similar to chain mail, but I prefer to think of it as a tag that you can choose to do or not do.
There seems to be many sets of rules so I’m just going to go with the rules that seem the most logical to me:
- Thank and link to the blog that nominated you
- Answer the 10 questions they gave you
- Nominate 5-10 blogs with less than 200 followers
- Propose 10 new questions for them to answer
- Includes these rules in your post
So here are the questions that Alyssa gave me to answer:
1. What is your favourite book?
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. The link takes you to my review of the book.
2. What have you been ‘fangirling’ over lately, books or otherwise?
Lately I’ve been really excited about the Shadowhunter series by Cassandra Clare. I’ve just finished The Bane Chronicles (review linked). And I’ve been fangirling lately because Cassandra Clare is coming to Sydney for a signing in August!
3. What book would you recommend to someone who isn’t a reader?
I’d definitely recommend the Harry Potter series to someone who isn’t a reader. Those books were what kept me reading throughout my childhood and high school. Plus, it’s highly likely that they’ve already seen the movies, so they should fly through the books in no time.
4. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
I’ve always had a really big obsession with all things Japanese. I’ve already been to Japan once but I’d love to visit again. I’d also really like to visit France or any European country.
5. What is your favourite movie?
My favourite movie of all time is probably Home Alone. That has been a favourite of mine since I was about 5 or 6 years old. My favourite movies that I’ve seen in the last 12 months are Kingsman and Big Hero 6.
6. What is your ultimate ‘book nerd problem’?
Oh gosh, I have so many. I hate it when books I order online don’t come in perfect condition. I hate having dog-earred covers or little nicks in the pages. I hate when stand-alone novels by the same author are published in different formats or sizes because I like to group authors together on my shelf. And I hate when a book that I’m looking forward to isn’t coming out for another 2 years…
7. If you could have a super power, what would you choose?
The ability to not sleep and not get tired, so that I can read more books.
8. What kind of book is not your thing?
I don’t really like crime fiction or horror.
9. Which book has your favourite cover art?
I love the cover of All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. It’s got such a pretty colour scheme. It’s just so beautiful!
10. You’re at a conference…which author are you borderline stalking?
Cassandra Clare, Stephanie Perkins, Jenny Han… and definitely Anthony Doerr!
It’s a little bit hard to gauge how many followers blogs have… so hopefully I got it right!
My questions to you:
- What is your favourite book series/trilogy?
- If you were to re-read a book once every year, which book would you choose?
- What is your favourite book genre?
- Which book inspired you to start reading?
- What is your favourite book to tv/movie adaptation?
- Who is your book crush of the moment?
- Which fictional world do you wish was an actual place?
- Which book has made you cry the most (or the most emotional)?
- Do you listen to audiobooks and which book/s would you like to listen to?
- Who is your favourite author of all time?